Thursday, August 1, 2013

The pitfall of working with great people...

This summer in our district we have had a lot of changes, from teachers to nurses to administration.  Change makes people uneasy, even if it was their plan. I am happy to see so many friends/colleagues able to pursue their dream path. The bittersweet feelings are over taken by the joy they show with either getting the position they have been working so hard for or by being able to stay at home with their children.

As you all know, the problem with working with great people is you don't get to keep them. We have lost several great teachers this summer, but today we lost a department head and an assistant principal. I am SO happy for them, they both work hard and deserve the new positions; however I am selfish and want them to stay and be great with me!! :)

But on a serious note, this is the point of the year when you are finishing the hiring for the new year and you have such high hopes for the campus. And I am so there!! I am so exited about our new staff and how they are going to make our current staff even better! I feel like it is Christmas; the anticipation of what we are going to do has me on pins and needles. I am getting emails, text, tweets, and phone calls from treachers about the great ideas they have for next year. I get so excited when colleagues get excited about their classrooms. It is going to be a great year!

It is a fantastic time to be an educator and I am bless to be at such an amazing school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment