Wednesday, August 14, 2013

This week...

This week has been such a great week! I have gotten so much done! Many people, including my husband, ask, " What do you do in the summer? There aren't teachers or kids." This is an excellent question! We get ready for the teachers and kids.
     Monday we had new teacher training at one of our high schools; while we were there we were expected to go to media update, which released us early (!!). Then we had a working lunch to review the STAAR data, where they told us that they don't have all the information, because the state hasn't released it all yet... We were released out of there early (!!) as well. We then went back to campus and conducted interviews for teachers that we still need to hire, worked on the locker situation, and helped with registration. It was a busy day.
     Tuesday we had new teacher training on our campus, 6th grade schedule pick up, more interviews, lunch with the new teachers,
                                              (the state marker across the street from lunch)
 registration, finish our professional development plan, late registration, and I had an appointment with our AMAZING ELA department chair. "What was the best part of the day?" you ask. Another great question! My meeting with Mandi, the department chair. I love talking about Language Arts! I love that she comes to the table with questions and solutions to these questions. I am so excited about this year I can't stand it!
   Wednesday (today) we work on our campus, we were moving furniture, cleaning out rooms, more interviews, and making anchor charts for our PLC room. It was a great day!

I hope your week is as eventful as mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment