Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Professional Development and Twitter

I am sure that most (if not all) have been involved with professional development using some type of media, but the trend now is Twitter. I love Twitter! I love it for the knowledge that it contains.
Top 10 reasons I love Twitter:
10. I am able to follow what is going on at school through the students using the school's #hashtag
 9. I am able to see work displayed by the teachers and students on my phone! (parents love this as well)
 8.  I get to share my thoughts with everyone that follow me.
 7.  I am able to follow my sports teams in one glance. (scores up-to-date, no box scores)
 6. It makes me really think about what I want to say, because of the people that follow me. (grammar, connotation, tone...) Sometimes I type a tweet only to delete it, but I still feel better! :) (digital footprint and all)
 5. I get to follow what is going on at other schools in our district. Today I was able to read their tweeter feeds and see what they were learning on their campus, very insightful!
 4.  I am able to get news updates, and decide if I need to read the entire article right then or wait for later.
3. I get great articles from people in my profession. Great learning tool (again)
2. I can use it whenever I choose too.  I can join conversations or read them after they have concluded.
1. BOOK STUDIES!!! I participated in a fantastic book study tonight (continued tomorrow- Friday 8-9). I got to see the how teachers in my building teach writing and how they are going to change their teaching style for next year. I really enjoyed it; it motivated me to want to read/write more! :)

If you don't have a professional Twitter account, I suggest you get one and join the Twitter world!

* The #hashtag is located on the left of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment