Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Innovation

        What do you think of when you think of innovation? Smart phones, GPS, or maybe your iPad. I watch my 3 year old play and see that he is naturally creative. Everything can be a gun or a sword. He sees things that I don't. What happens to us as we grow up? At what point do we stop seeing what can be and go with what everyone else is doing?
 Think about innovation within education, what does it look like? Why is there so little innovation in our classrooms? Our teachers are brilliant people, amazing teachers, what prevents them from teaching outside of their comfort zone? Mandi, from http://lifewithmiddleschooler.blogspot.com/ , is innovative, but why don't we have more teachers that try new things consistently. We have a few teachers that will try new ideas, but it is sparatic, we need it constantly.
    This year my goal is to support the teachers on my campus to be innovative, try new ideas. Will they all be perfect and great? No, but we will strive to make our ideas successful. We will model for our students that  to be innovative there is some trail and error, but planning and collaboration is the key to being successful. Show our students that problem solving is an important skill for all jobs.


Conceptual Teaching on the Brain!!
(I have my own ideas to the questions I posed, but I would love to hear you ideas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment